Dealing with Late or Missing Documents

Have you received a notice from the IRS saying you forgot to include a W2 or 1099 you received earlier in the year? Neglect to deduct significant tuition fees for a dependent? Forget to mention your HSA contributions and distributions? Received corrected tax statements from investments? 

Many people struggle to adequately round up all of their tax documents before they go through with filing their return. It can lead to some confusion in terms of the best way to go about informing the IRS that there may be something missing from your return.

Check out this article for more information, and give us a call at Tax Solutions if you think you may need our assistance!